BARK N’ SCRATCH OUTPOST
5835 W. Bluemound Rd, Milwaukee
Monday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Tuesday 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Wednesday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Thursday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read our FAQ before sending us a message.
The only returnable item in the store is food. Food is defined as any product that can be fed as a full, healthy diet. This would include kibble, canned food, and the raw foods we sell here. Food can be returned for store credit only; we do not refund cash or card under any circumstances. Kibble and raw foods can be returned unopened, or opened. Cans must be returned unopened. Complete packaging must be returned with the remainder of the food; the packaging must still have the barcode and the date code attached. Products must be returned within ten days, accompanied by the receipt of the day of purchase. After the initial ten-day return period, no store credit will be issued. As stated above, food products can be returned only for store credit. Please be sure to complete all return forms that you are given by the cashier; this is required to receive store credit.
Treats, toys, supplements, leashes, apparel, etc. (any item that is not food) are non-returnable, and non-refundable. No store credit, nor any refund, will be issued on these items. If you wish to donate items, we will gladly accept them for donation to one of the many rescues in the area that we contribute to.
Restocking fee may apply to items presented for credit.
We love to welcome all of our customers in our store, including the furry ones! But please keep in mind that all pets must be leashed, and the leash must be handled at all times while in the store. We require this for your pet’s safety as our store is very busy all times of day. Please also keep a short lead and a sharp eye on your pet; if you have a Flexi-lead, please lock it to a shorter point that is easier to handle.
Please walk your dogs on the grassy areas outside before entering the store. If your dog does have an accident in the store, alert an associate for the proper clean-up materials. If merchandise is damaged, the products will have to be paid for in full.
If your dog chews or eats any products while in the store, these items must also be paid for in full.
We thank you for watching your pets closely while you are shopping at Bark n’ Scratch Outpost.
At Bark n’ Scratch Outpost, we participate in the manufacturer’s frequent buyer programs if one is available. Every frequent buyer program is different, but they all require certain materials to be completed in order to receive your free bag. There are certain things you can do to make getting your free bag easier when it comes to checkout time.
Please make sure you have the envelope or form that accompanies the company’s program. These envelopes contain all the information you need for the programs. Read them carefully for the full set of rules, and fill them out before you come to get your free bag. If it isn’t filled out, or if you do not have an envelope, you can do so at check-out time. All fields of information must be completed in order to receive your free item. If they are not filled out properly, or incomplete, we cannot accept them. If you are not sure if the food you buy has a program, please ask any of our associates.
· Save your Barcodes and Receipts! All programs require Barcodes and Receipts. As of January 2014, Receipts can no longer be reprinted. If you have any questions, see an associate.
· Please make sure you understand the rules to the program, and do not hesitate to ask. If your program requires all bags to be the same size, then all of your barcodes must from products of the same size. Some programs will allow you to mix flavors, but usually, you will get the least expensive one for free. And then some companies allow you to get the product that was the most frequently purchased. These are the company’s rules, and we are not able to substitute any other product except for the one that is stated as acceptable for redemption.
· Sales tax must be paid on the free item. Like with other coupons at other stores, we cannot cover the sales tax on the item, so please keep that in mind when checking out that a minimal amount to cover the tax of the transaction will be required.
· Barcodes from free bags cannot be used towards another free bag of food. At time of checkout, your cashier will mark your bag as “free” on the barcode. All programs require that only bags that were purchased in full can be used toward the program. Free bags are not eligible toward another free bag.
· Barcodes must come from food that is purchased at Bark n’ Scratch Outpost. If you have bought your food at other locales, we cannot accept those barcodes or receipts. Please keep this in mind when bringing in your barcodes and receipts for redemption.